North Star Combined District Plan for 2018 – 2019: Link
Students interested in driving and parking at North Star need to sign and submit the Student Driving and Parking Agreement form and provide it to the School Safety Officer Tom Weber.
Elementary Subs for paras and teachers needed:
K-5 Elementary substitutes needed for both paras and teachers. This position is as needed and subs can choose whether to accept the job or not. Subs will be trained. Rate of pay is $75 per day or $37.50 per half day. Please contact aloos@northstarcharter if interested and she will communicate next steps.
Secondary Subs for paras and teachers needed:
6-12th grade substitutes needed for both paras and teachers. This position is as needed and subs can choose whether to accept the job or not. Subs will be trained. Rate of pay is $75 per day or $37.50 per half day. Please contact aloos@northstarcharter if interested and she will communicate next steps.
Part Time AM Kindergarten Para Needed
Job Posting: Elementary School Paraprofessional for AM Kindergarten Class
Part time: Monday-Friday from approximately 9:30-1:15 * 18.75 hours per week*
Pay Rate: $10.30 + depending on experience
To apply: Go to www.northstarcharter.org and fill out a classified staff application. Applications can be emailed, brought in or faxed to 208-939-6090. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Position summary: The role of the paraprofessional is to provide additional support in the classroom. Assist in providing a well-organized, smooth functioning classroom environment in which all children can take full advantage of the instructional programs and available resource materials. This para will be working with one kindergarten students both in the classroom and in small pull out groups
• Must be 18 years of age
• Minimum High school Diploma
• 2 year college degree a plus
• Experience with children preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides assistance to teacher in the regular education program
• Assist students with classroom and homework assignments, tutoring or other supplemental instruction.
• Assist students individually and/or in small group situations
• Performs substitute teacher duties in absence of teacher
• Assist teacher in clerical duties included but not limited to copying, inputting records and data in computer, grading, faxing, text and document preparation and related duties
• Assist in maintaining classroom in clean, neat and orderly status, prepares bulletin boards and displays and maintains classroom supply levels
• Assist with student supervision on school grounds, lunch and other monitoring and safety duties, as assigned
• Participate in appropriate training, workshops and in service programs
• Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with North Star policies, procedures and safety practices.
Click on the following link for more information about employment opportunities at North Star Charter School.