Grade 11-12 International Baccalaureate Curriculum
NSCS wants its students to be college-ready and is cognizant of the strong reputation the International Baccalaureate program and curriculum has for being the best college-prep program – even better than Advanced Placement, especially at preparing strong writers, speakers and thinkers. The extended essay requirement has been cited by Washington Post education reporter Jay Mathews as one of the chief reasons why IB students surpass AP students in college-readiness.
NSCS engages students in intellectually challenging work, focused on preparing its students to not only meet the content demands of college and challenging jobs, but to prepare them apply their learning to produce significant pieces of analytic work. Students are asked to read and write extensively in all classes.
- a broad and balanced, yet academically demanding, program of study
- the development of critical-thinking and reflective skills
- the development of research skills
- the development of independent learning skills
- the development of intercultural understanding
- a globally recognized university entrance qualification.
1.4K 11 39 41