North Star Charter School
Sports Complex and Playground Campaign
This campaign supports our mission to educate the whole child by providing safe and appropriate outdoor play, athletic and exercise opportunities through the development of North Star’s outdoor field and playground.
Case for Support:
- Importance of outdoor play, exercise and sports in child development
- World class facilities to attract and retain students and teachers
- Opportunity to create an additional revenue stream for the school
- Appropriate and safe drop off/pick up areas and parking to support activities
Campaign Target: $1.5M-$2M
Campaign Timeframe: estimated 2 ½ year 2016-2018.
The campaign will be a ONE fund campaign with three phases. All gifts will be aggregated towards the total goal. Naming opportunities are available (please contact email@example.com for more information).
Phase I: Extended playground, sports court and outdoor classroom plaza area
Financial Goal: $250K-$300K
Timeline: August 2016 – December 31, 2016
Phase II: New drop off area and parking
Financial Goal: $475K – $575K
Timeline: January 2017-December 31, 2017
Phase III: Track and Multi-Use Field
Financial Goal: $775K-$1.1M
Timeline: January 2018 – December 31, 2018
Current School Facts and Accolades:
- Expected enrollment for 2016-2017 year over 1000 students
- Annual Budget $5.8 million.
- On average, charter schools receive 22% less funding per pupil than municipal public district schools.
- NS offers an advanced curriculum/accelerated learning environment.
- Business/Economics curriculum integrated from K-12.
- Offers the prestigious, college preparatory International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- NS is one of Idaho’s top five top schools for average SAT scores (2016).
- NS scores on average 27% higher in ELA and 44% higher in Math on ISAT tests compared to other Idaho schools (grades 3-11 are tested) (2016).
- Named as one of America’s most challenging High Schools by the Washington Post (2016).
Please join us in supporting this important campaign for our school! For more information, please
contact Joanna O’Donnell, Director of Development, at 208-939-9600 ext 406 or firstname.lastname@example.org