North Star Charter School
Sports Complex and Playground Campaign
North Star Charter School’s Field of Dreams
Case for Support:
- Importance of outdoor play, exercise and sports in child development
- World class facilities to attract and retain students and teachers
- Opportunity to create an additional revenue stream for the school
- Appropriate and safe drop off/pick up areas and parking to support activities
Campaign Target: $1.5M-$2M
Campaign Timeframe: estimated 3 year 2016-2019.
The campaign will be a ONE fund campaign with three phases. All gifts will be aggregated towards the total goal. Naming opportunities are available (please contact email@example.com for more information).
Extended playground area and fitness circuit. We will add additional age-appropriate play structures to adequately serve our growing number of students. The new fitness circuit area would provide our PE classes the opportunity and space for an outdoor, 6-station, permanent work out area for core strengthening.
“Sports court” in the playground area. We will augment our PE classes with a fenced court with special flooring that can be used for a multitude of sports such as tennis, handball, basketball, pickle ball, and volleyball.
Outdoor classroom plaza area. Students will be able to use this structure and plaza area for outdoor classroom space, lunch area, and shelter.
Elementary courtyard. This area will include the addition of shade structures, seating areas, and landscaping; creating an outdoor space for elementary classrooms.
Appropriate and safe drop-off/pick-up areas and parking to support activities. Safe and efficient drop-off and pick-up of our students is critical. Our current arrangement, while safe, is not a long-term solution. The plan also includes 47 additional parking spaces – a much-needed component, especially during special events.
Track and multi-purpose field. Our property provides exactly enough space for a five-lane, all weather track. The field within the track would support multiple sports such as soccer, lacrosse, softball, and even football. This will benefit our current sports program as well as provide opportunities to expand into new areas.
North Star Current School Facts and Accolades:
- Expected enrollment for 2017-2018 year over 974 students
- Annual Budget $5.8 million.
- On average, charter schools in Idaho receive 22% less funding per pupil than municipal public district schools.
- Offers an advanced curriculum/accelerated learning environment.
- Business/Economics curriculum integrated from K-12.
- Offers the prestigious, college preparatory International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- Consistently one of Idaho’s top five top schools for average SAT scores (2017).
- Scores on average 27% higher in ELA and 44% higher in Math on ISAT tests compared to other Idaho schools (grades 3-11 are tested) (2016).
- Consistently named as one of America’s most challenging High Schools by the Washington Post (2017).
Please join us in supporting this important opportunity for our school! For more information, please
contact Joanna O’Donnell, Director of Development, at 208-939-9600 ext 406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This campaign supports our mission to educate the whole child by providing safe and appropriate outdoor play, athletic and exercise opportunities through the development of North Star’s outdoor field and playground.
Idaho Education Tax Credit