North Star is a tuition-free public charter school that accepts students through public lottery or availability.
Prospective students will be given the opportunity to enroll regardless of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion, sex, social or economic status or special needs.
Once a student is enrolled at North Star, he/she need not reapply the next year.
The 2019-2020 Lottery drawing will be held on Thursday, March 7th, 2019 @ 4:30 pm.
The application deadline for the 2019-2020 school year is Friday, March 1st, 2019.
POST Lottery applications (for the current school year) will be available until March 1st, 2019 for the 2018-2019 school year.
When a lottery application is received for a grade level that is full, the applicant will be placed on the wait list in the category which they fall under. Our wait list consists of the following Tiers that are listed in order of their preference.
- Tier A – Returning Students
- Tier B – Founding Families and Children of Staff.
- Tier C – Students of Siblings that are currently enrolled at North Star.
- Tier D – Incoming freshman from a K-8 public charter school.
- Tier E – (Within Boundary) – Students living within the boundaries of North Star Charter School, which is North of Ustick Road, West of Glenwood Street, East of Can Ada Road and South of Beacon Light
- Tier F – (Outside of Boundary) – Students living outside of these boundaries.
If seats become open during the school year, they will be filled from the wait list in the order of the the tiers.