North Star is a tuition-free public charter school that accepts students through public lottery or availability.
Prospective students will be given the opportunity to enroll regardless of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion, sex, social or economic status or special needs.
Once a student is enrolled at North Star, he/she need not reapply the next year.
The 2019-2020 Lottery drawing was held on Thursday, March 7th, 2019.
POST-Lottery applications (for the current school year) are available online on the front page of our website until March 1st, 2020 for the 2019-2020 school year.
When a post-lottery application is received for a grade level that is full, the applicant will be placed on the wait list in the tier which they fall under.
- Tier A – Returning Students
- Tier B – Founding Families and Children of Staff.
- Tier C – Students of Siblings that are currently enrolled at North Star.
- Tier D – Incoming freshman from a K-8 public charter school.
- Tier E – *(Within Boundary) – Students living within the boundaries of North Star Charter School
- Tier F – (Outside of Boundary) – Students living outside of these boundaries.
If seats become open during the school year, they will be filled from the wait list in the order of the the tiers.
*NORTH STAR BOUNDARIES: North of Ustick Road, South of Beacon Light (includes Hillsdale Sub Division), West of Glenwood Street and East of North Can Ada Road.