North Star Charter School Overview
North Star Charter School (NSCS) is a K-12 public charter school located in Eagle, Idaho. Founded in
2003, NSCS provides students a world-class education characterized by a safe, supportive and structured
learning climate that encourages high academic achievement, intellectual confidence, leadership and
virtuous citizenship. The school’s charter articulates the vision of its founders to think critically and to
become virtuous citizen leaders in our local and world community. NSCS curriculum offers an emphasis
on business and economics across grades K-12.
School Campus: 839 N. Linder Road, Eagle, ID
Grades: K – 12
- Advanced curriculum/Accelerated learning environment
- Public Charter School
- Business/Economics curriculum from K-12
- Certified, highly qualified and passionate teachers
- Fully accredited K-12 school
- Emphasis on character development
- Vibrant and engaged parent community
Elementary School (K-5)
NSCS Elementary provides a safe and accelerated learning environment while challenging students to reach their full potential
- Advanced curriculum and accelerated learning environment.
- Emphasis on character development
- Enrichment opportunities to meet students at their level for reading and math
- “Teach to the top” philosophy while supporting the needs of all students
- Offers full-day tuition kindergarten.
Middle School (6-8)
NSCS Middle is structured to assist students in the transition from Elementary to High School. Students continue to be challenged academically, while experiencing more independence and responsibility.
- Modified block schedules help students adapt to new learning environment
- Electives offered: art, band, choir, technology
- Advanced curriculum and accelerated learning environment
- Introduction to school sports and clubs: Chess, Cross Country, Hacky-Sack, Mountain Biking, Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Ski Team, Anime Club, Junior National Honor Society
High School (9-12)
NSCS High offers a rigorous college preparatory education within a small school experience. The advanced curriculum ensures core academic needs are met while students are challenged to meet their full potential in the midst of a close-knit and safe community. NSCS High has been named as one of America’s most challenging High Schools by the Washington Post. .
- Small school environment with a low student/teacher ratio
- Electives offered: choir, band, art, computer science, robotics, marketing, PE
- Sports and Clubs offered: Chess, Golf, Hacky-Sack, Mountain Biking, Cross Country, Volleyball, Baseball, Basketball, Track, Ski club, Student Council, International Club, Anime Club, National Honors Society, DECA
North Star Charter School provides students a world-class education characterized by a safe, supportive and structured learning climate that encourages high academic achievement, intellectual confidence, leadership and virtuous citizenship.
This mission represents our belief that all of our students will receive an education that prepares them to handle the issues of the 21st century world by equipping them to think critically and creatively and gain confidence in their skills and knowledge, resulting in citizen leaders with virtue. They will achieve this through the “North Star Way”:
- Students: We believe all of our students deserve and can benefit from the educational programs we offer. We are a public, K-12, tuition free charter school.
- Safe, Supportive and Structured: We help our students become virtuous citizens. Our elementary program prepares students both morally and in conduct, for the leadership, service and hard work of our secondary and IB diploma programs. We provide a safe learning environment allowing students to focus on a challenging curriculum and accelerated learning
- High Academic Achievement: We believe that all students can meet high expectations and over¬come obstacles that seem insurmountable. We equip students to think critically and creatively and gain confidence in their skills and knowledge. All students in all grades strive to be “college-ready”.
- Community: We are students, teachers, staff, parents, and trustees of the North Star Charter School community. We focus on a shared vision of educational excellence and character development. We strive to understand our unique roles in that common vision. We all have a responsibility to educate NSCS students.