Idaho Opportunity Scholarship Application Deadline March 1st
Idaho Resident College Students Can Receive Up to $3,000 for Tuition and Fees
(Boise). The Idaho State Board of Education has $5 million in Idaho Opportunity Scholarship funds available for Idaho resident undergraduate students to attend an Idaho college or university in the 2015-2016 school year. Scholarship recipients can receive up to $3,000 in a single school year for tuition and fees.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is March 1, 2015. To be eligible, current high school seniors or undergraduate college students must:
- Have an unweighted, high school or college cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Be an Idaho resident
- Be a graduate (by the end of the Spring 2015 semester) of an Idaho public or private high school or its equivalent, including home schooling or a GED from Idaho
- Complete the online State Board of Education scholarship application (www.boardofed.idaho.gov) by March 1, 2015
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to March 1, 2015
- Enroll as a full-time undergraduate student at Lewis-Clark State College, University of Idaho, Boise State University, Idaho State University, Brigham Young University-Idaho, or enroll in at least nine credits at College of Western Idaho, College of Southern Idaho, Eastern Idaho Technical College, or North Idaho College.
The scholarship funds are available for one school year. Recipients must re-apply each year and are eligible to receive the scholarship for a maximum of four years. Additional information regarding the Idaho Opportunity Scholarship and other scholarships offered by the State Board of Education can found on its web site, www.boardofed.idaho.gov or by calling Joy LaRue, Scholarship Program Manager, at (208) 332-1595.The State Board of
Education is charged with the general supervision, governance and control of the public educational institutions and the public school system of the State of Idaho. To learn more about the Idaho State Board of Education, please visit www.boardofed.idaho.gov.