Job Posting: P/T Elementary School Paraprofessional
Part time: Monday-Friday from 11:45-3:45 respectively . A total of 18.75 hours per week so Fridays is a little shorter day.
Pay Rate: $10.30 + depending on experience and education
Position summary: The role of the paraprofessional is to provide additional support in the classroom. Assist in providing a well-organized, smooth functioning classroom environment in which all children can take full advantage of the instructional programs and available resource materials. This para will be working with many grade levels both in the classroom and in small pull out groups.This para will also help with some supervision duties.
• Must be 18 years of age
• Minimum High school Diploma
• 2 year college degree a plus
• Experience with children preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides assistance to teacher in the regular education program
• Assist students with classroom and homework assignments, tutoring or other supplemental instruction.
• Assist students individually and/or in small group situations
• Performs substitute teacher duties in absence of teacher
• Assist teacher in clerical duties included but not limited to copying, inputting records and data in computer, grading, faxing, text and document preparation and related duties
• Assist in maintaining classroom in clean, neat and orderly status, prepares bulletin boards and displays and maintains classroom supply levels
• Assist with student supervision on school grounds, lunch and other monitoring and safety duties, as assigned
• Participate in appropriate training, workshops and in service programs
• Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with North Star policies, procedures and safety practices.
Please complete a classified application that can be found on our website un der the ABOUT us TAB, then Business TAB. A completed application can be mailed to Shay Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org