North Star Charter School provides students a world-class education characterized by a safe, supportive and structured learning climate that encourages high academic achievement, intellectual confidence, leadership and virtuous citizenship.
This mission represents our belief that all of our students will receive an education that prepares them to handle the issues of the 21st century world by equipping them to think critically and creatively and gain confidence in their skills and knowledge, resulting in citizen leaders with virtue. They will achieve this through the “North Star Way”.
For more information please review our Charter.
North Star Charter School – Overview
North Star Charter School (NSCS) is a K-12 public charter school located in Eagle, Idaho. Founded in
2003, NSCS provides students a world-class education characterized by a safe, supportive and structured
learning climate that encourages high academic achievement, intellectual confidence, leadership and
virtuous citizenship. The school’s charter articulates the vision of its founders to think critically and to
become virtuous citizen leaders in our local and world community. NSCS curriculum offers an emphasis
on business and economics across grades K-12 and the opportunity to participate in the prestigious
International Baccalaureate (IB) program in grades 11-12.
School Campus: 839 N. Linder Road, Eagle, ID
Grades: K – 12
- Advanced curriculum/Accelerated learning environment
- Public Charter School
- Business/Economics curriculum from K-12
- Certified, highly qualified and passionate teachers
- Offers the prestigious, college preparatory International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Fully accredited K-12 school
- Emphasis on character development
- Vibrant and engaged parent community
North Star Charter School is proud to offer students a team of the most accomplished, educated and awarded faculties in the Treasure Valley. From our Elementary through to our Secondary teachers; including our Specialists and Paraprofessionals, our faculty is dedicated to an exceptional learning experience for each child.
For the 2012 – 2013 school year, our team includes:
- 19 elementary teachers
- 14 secondary teachers
- 11 specialists
- 17 paraprofessionals
Of our faculty…
- 18 have their Masters and 2 others are pursuing theirs
- 4 have been named ‘Teacher of the Year’ at the school, district or state level
- 2 are Nationally Board Certified
- 1 has been named ‘National Learner of the Year’
- More than a third have over 15 years experience in the classroom each.
Read their biographies to find out more about our amazing faculty!
North Star PTO
The North Star PTO supports the efforts of grades K-12, with our Elementary program covering grades K-5 and our Secondary programs covering grades 6-12. Our mission is to institute and sustain a close relationship between the parents, teachers, and students by evolving opportunities within the home, school, and community. The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, and advocates school and family social interaction. It is our belief that the team effort of a parent teacher organization helps to create the best possible learning environment for our children.
Please consider volunteering on one of the many committees!! We need you!!
President: Dr. Maria Sirucek
Vice President – Elementary: Jalene Cabrales
Treasurer : Patricia Rivera
Recording Secretary: Sarah Smith
Secondary Vice-President: Sara Cade
Secondary Vice-President Assistant: Serena McKnight
Treasurer Assistant: Mary Heath
Communications Secretary: Mikayla Pannell
Questions, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTO monthly meetings are held in the Library the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm. We welcome you; please come!
School Board Board Information
- North Star Charter School Board Duties
- North Star Charter School Code of Ethics
- North Star Charter School Board Application
Occasionally the Board of Directors has additional documents available for viewing. They are posted below.
- 2021-2022 North Star CIP and LIT Plan
- Narrative: Approved: 10/21/2021
- Metrics: Approved 10/21/2021
- Staff Performance : Approved 10/21/2021
- 2019-2020 Public Charter School Commission Annual Performance Report
- 2017-2018 Public Charter School Commission Annual Performance Report
- 2016-2017 Public Charter School Commission Annual Performance Report
- 2015-2016 Public Charter School Commission Annual Performance Report
- 2014-2015 Public Charter School Commission Annual Performance Report
- 2013-2014 Public Charter School Commission Annual Performance Report
- North Star Policy Manual revised 10-21-2021
- 2014 Approved Charter as of 3.21.19
- 5-1-19 Amended Bylaws
- 2021-2022 North Star CIP and LIT Plan
Public Record Request
For all other public record requests, please fill out the form below and email it to the Clerk of the Board, Sheri Craig at email@example.com
PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST FORM
- Strategic Plan document
- NS Policy document
Updated policy in progress
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
Elementary – Grades K-5
Secondary – Grades 6-12
Middle School Substitute
High School Substitute
Certified Teacher Application– Teachers
Classified Application – Non-Teaching Positions
K-5 Substitute Application
6th- 12th Grade Substitute Application
Click on the links for more information about each position. Positions are open until filled. Applications may be emailed, faxed (208-939-6090) or mailed to 839 N Linder Road, Eagle, ID 83616.
You must be fingerprinted with the State Department.
Safe School Officer
WEBSITE SECURITY STATEMENT:
At North Star Charter School, we understand the importance of maintaining a safe and positive school environment to facilitate an excellent learning experience for our students. We strive to foster social and physical safety at our school by networking with all stakeholders as well as local law enforcement. NSCS employs a full time Safe School Officer to monitor and enhance the safety environment and training needs at our school staff. In addition to effective video security cameras and an electronic entry system, we utilize the “Ident-A-Kid” visitor screening system and the On Solve/One Call Now parent and staff notification system. The health and safety of our children is paramount in our society and the same is true at North Star Charter School.